Weboid ("Weboid", "Company", "we", "us", "our") is committed to protecting your personal information and upholding your rights to privacy in compliance with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act).
This Policy does not limit or exclude your rights under the Act. For further information on the Act, you can visit privacy.org.nz.
- We provide professional services to our clients;
- We conduct activities as part of our business operations;
- You use our Website (the "Website");
- You engage with our social media pages (the "Socials");
- You interact with us in any other way, including using any of our services (the "Services").
Our Website includes any websites associated with Weboid, specifically those with the weboid.dev URL and pages that directly link to this Policy.
This Policy should be read in conjunction with the Agreement under which you engaged us to provide services to you (the Agreement). If there is any inconsistency, the Agreement takes precedence over this Policy.
Specific Privacy Statements for Certain Website Areas
Some areas of our Website may have their own privacy statements due to the nature of the personal information collected there (such as during recruitment processes). These specific statements provide additional details and apply to information collected via those particular pages.
Compliance with Laws
We comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 and other applicable data protection laws in handling personal information. Our commitment to these obligations may also involve:
Including agreements in our contracts with clients outlining our practices in handling personal information while delivering our professional services, where appropriate or required by the Privacy Act.
What personal information do we collect?
We value your privacy and strive to protect your personal information. This section outlines the types of personal information we collect and the circumstances under which we collect it.
- Information You Voluntarily Provide
We collect personal information that you willingly provide to us in various situations, such as:
- When expressing interest in our products, services, or information about Weboid
- When participating in activities related to our services
- When initiating contact with us for any reason
This may include:
- Personal Details: Your name, phone number, email address, mailing address, and contact preferences.
- Authentication Data: Information used to verify your identity.
- Payment Data: If you make purchases or pay invoices, we collect necessary payment information, including your payment instrument number and security code. Our payment providers, PayPal and Stripe, securely store all payment data.
Please ensure all personal information provided is accurate and up-to-date, and notify us of any changes.
2. Information Automatically Collected
When you visit or use our services, we automatically collect certain information, which may include:
- Device and Usage Information: Your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, and other technical information.
- Log and Usage Data: Information related to your activity on our services, including pages viewed, usage patterns, and error reports.
- Device Data: Information about the device you use to access our services.
This information is crucial for maintaining the security and operation of our services and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
3. Information Collected Through Our Socials
If you use our Socials, we collect additional information, such as:
- Geolocation Information: We may request access to your device's location to provide location-based services.
- Platform Permissions: We access basic account information and may request additional permissions related to your social media account
4. Information Collected from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including public databases, marketing partners, and third parties. This information is used to enhance our services and update our records.
5. Information Collected for Other Business Activities
We may collect personal information during other activities that form part of our business operations, such as surveys, research, and collaborative initiatives.
How do we use your personal information?
At Weboid, we are committed to using your personal information responsibly and transparently. This section outlines the various purposes for which we use your personal information.
1. Providing Services to Our Clients
- Legal and Professional Obligations: At times, we may use personal information to fulfil legal or professional obligations.
- Varied Uses: Given the diverse services we offer, the utilisation of personal information varies. This could include improving client services, restructuring the business, or managing cybersecurity risks.
2. Operation of Our Services
We process your personal information for various business purposes, basing our processing on legitimate business interests, contract performance, your consent, or legal obligations. Specific purposes include:
- Account Management: Facilitating account creation, logon processes, and user-to-user communications.
- Feedback and Support: Requesting feedback, managing user accounts, and providing user support.
- Service Security and Legal Compliance: Ensuring the security of our services, enforcing terms and policies, responding to legal requests, and preventing harm.
- Promotional Activities: Administering competitions, delivering services, and responding to enquiries.
- Marketing and Advertising: Sending marketing communications, delivering targeted advertising, and conducting business analysis to improve services and user experience.
When using your information for marketing purposes, we respect your marketing preferences, and you can opt out anytime.
3. Business Analysis and Improvement
- Data Analysis: Utilising information for data analysis, identifying usage trends, and evaluating promotional campaign effectiveness.
- Service Enhancement: Improving our services, products, and overall user experience.
Any identifiable personal information will only be used with your consent, and where possible, information will be aggregated and anonymised to protect your privacy.
Utilising Personal Information for Business Operations and Website Interaction
1. Business Operations
- Activity Clarification: When collecting personal information for various business activities, we provide precise details about the nature of those activities and the intended use of the collected information.
- Non-Personal Information Use: We may utilise non-personal, de-identified, and aggregated information for purposes including data analytics, research, submissions, thought leadership, and promotional activities.
2. Website and Other Sources
- Promotional Materials and Service Improvement: We use personal information collected via this Website to provide promotional materials, enhance user experience, tailor content, seek service feedback, and conduct market research. This is done while ensuring the aggregated reporting of results without including identifiable personal information unless explicit consent is provided.
- Marketing Opt-Out: If you prefer not to receive marketing materials from us, you can utilise the unsubscribe function in our communications.
- Legal and Professional Obligations: We may use personal information to uphold the rights of Weboid, comply with legal obligations, or fulfil professional duties.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
- Controlled Disclosure: We disclose personal information to entities within the Weboid Network and third parties assisting in our operations, ensuring compliance with the Privacy Act. This may involve transferring personal information outside of New Zealand, with adequate protections in place.
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance: We may disclose personal information to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, uphold a legal or professional right, or protect against harm.
4. Social Media Interactions
- User Responsibility on Social Media Applications: Personal information shared on social media applications hosted by our Website is accessible to other users, and we advise caution since we cannot control how other users may handle your information.
Will Your Information Be Shared With Anyone?
Sharing Basis: We share your information based on consent, legal obligations, contract fulfilment, protection of rights, or legitimate business interests.
Specific Scenarios for Sharing: This includes sharing information during business transfers, legal proceedings, or when necessary for providing our services and protecting our rights or the rights of others.
Duration of Personal Information Retention
We are committed to maintaining the privacy and protection of your personal information. In alignment with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020, we adhere to the following practices regarding the retention of personal information:
- Limited Retention: We retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice, unless a more extended retention period is mandated or allowed by law, including for tax, accounting, or other legal requirements.
- Two-Year Maximum: Except for cases where longer retention is required by law, we will not retain your personal information for more than two years.
- Deletion and Anonymisation: Upon the end of the legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will delete or anonymise it. Suppose immediate deletion is not feasible (e.g., due to storage in backup archives). In that case, we ensure that your personal information is securely stored and isolated from further processing until deletion becomes possible.
Protecting Your Personal Information
Physical and Electronic Measures:
- Storage Formats: We may store personal information in hard copy and electronic formats.
- Comprehensive Security Measures: We employ various physical, operational, and technological measures to safeguard your personal information.
- Training: Ensuring our staff are well-versed in privacy obligations and handle your personal information responsibly.
- Access Control: Limiting access to personal information only to those who require it.
- Technological Defences: Utilising firewalls and encryption software.
- Physical Safeguards: Implementing security passes and privacy screens where necessary.
Commitment to Security:
- Proactive Protection: We are dedicated to protecting your personal information through systematic organisational and technical security measures.
- Acknowledgment of Risks: Despite our robust security measures, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Thus, we cannot guarantee absolute security against unauthorised access, modification, or misuse of your personal information.
- User Responsibility: We encourage accessing our services within a secure environment, acknowledging that the transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Usage of Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We employ various tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, and pixels, to enhance your experience and optimise our services.
- Purpose: These technologies are used to gather information, provide personalised content, and analyse user interaction with our services.
- Control: You can manage your preferences and opt out of certain tracking technologies. Detailed guidance on how to do so is provided in our Cookie Notice.
Our cookie notice can be viewed at weboid.dev/cookie-notice
Managing Your Personal Information: Review, Update, or Deletion
Under the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020, you are entitled to certain rights regarding the personal information we hold about you.
- Access and Correction: You have the right to access the personal information we have collected about you and request corrections if necessary.
- Deletion: In certain situations, you may also request the deletion of your personal information.
To exercise these rights, please reach out to us directly. While we strive to respond to all requests promptly, please allow up to 14 working days for us to process your request. Please be aware that an Administration fee may be associated with processing your request.
We are committed to ensuring your personal information is accurate, up-to-date, and protected. We encourage you to contact us with any questions or concerns regarding your data.
Breach Notification Protocol
We are dedicated to safeguarding your personal information and ensuring its confidentiality and integrity. Despite our stringent security measures, we are committed to acting promptly and responsibly in the unfortunate event of a data breach involving your personal information.
- Adherence to the Privacy Act: We strictly comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 and its requirements regarding privacy breaches.
- Notification to Affected Parties: Should a privacy breach occur, we will notify you without undue delay, providing clear information about the nature of the breach, the steps we are taking to address it, and guidance on how to protect yourself.
- Informing the Privacy Commissioner: In line with legal obligations, we will promptly notify the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner of the breach, ensuring transparency and accountability.
Preventative Measures and Continuous Improvement:
- Investigation and Remediation: Following a breach, we will conduct a thorough investigation to understand its cause and implement corrective measures to prevent future occurrences.
- Enhancing Security Practices: We are committed to continuously improving our security practices, learning from any incidents to strengthen our protective measures.
By maintaining transparency and upholding our legal responsibilities, we aim to fortify your trust in our commitment to protecting your personal information.
Updating This Policy
We are dedicated to upholding the highest standards of data protection and privacy. As part of this commitment, we regularly review and update our privacy notice to ensure its accuracy and compliance with current laws and best practices.
Notification of Changes:
- Revised Date: Any changes made to this privacy notice will be reflected by an updated "modified" date at the top of this page. The changes will take effect immediately upon posting.
- Material Changes: In the event of significant changes that directly impact your privacy or how we handle your personal information, we will take additional steps to notify you. This may include a conspicuous notice on our Website or a direct communication.
Encouragement to Stay Informed:
- Proactive Review: We encourage you to review our privacy notice regularly to stay informed about how we protect your information.
- Open Communication: If you have any questions about this notice or our data protection practices, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to provide clarity and assurance regarding your privacy and the security of your personal information.
We value open communication and are here to assist with any inquiries or concerns you might have. Below are the ways you can reach out to us:
Email: For quick and direct communication, please email us at email@example.com.
Alternatively, please visit our Website or help desk to access our contact form and other contact methods.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article